Latest News About - WHO PAHO

 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
Filter by countryfromabout
<<10<12345678910>>>10
 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
<<10<12345678910>>>10

Tools

Load latest edition

Monday, September 16, 2019

2:20:00 AM CEST

Subscribe
RSS | MAP

Language Selection

For any category/filter, users can choose:

  1. the language of the categorized news items (e.g. fr and de to display only those news items in French and German)
  2. the language of the user interface (e.g. it for Italian)

In Top Stories, the user can display the largest clusters of news items for one language only (e.g. en shows all clusters in English)

Country Selection

Users can choose:

  1. country mentioned in the news item (articles about a country)
  2. country in which the news item was published (articles from a country)

Languages Collapse menu...Expand menu...Open help...

Select your languages

ar
az
be
bg
bs
ca
cs
da
de
el
en
eo
es
et
fa
fi
fr
ga
ha
he
hi
hr
hu
hy
id
is
it
ja
ka
km
ko
ku
ky
lb
lo
lt
lv
mk
ml
mn
ms
mt
nl
no
pap
pl
ps
pt
ro
ru
rw
se
si
sk
sl
sq
sr
sv
sw
ta
th
tr
uk
ur
vi
zh
all
Show additional languagesHide additional languages

Interface:

Quotes... Extracted quotes

Carissa F Etienne said: “The lack of knowledge about dementia and how an affected person might behave has led to stigma being associated with the disease,” “This campaign will focus on increasing conversations around dementia everywhere, as talking is often the first step to awareness, understanding and breaking barriers to diagnosis and care” External link

paho Sunday, September 1, 2019 2:15:00 PM CEST

Shannon Hader said: “Too often, young people are not at the decision-making tables creating the programs they need to protect themselves from HIV. You have the potential to set an example on how young people can lead, advocate, create demand and deliver tailored services to end the epidemic. We need new ways to communicate, generate demand and link young people at higher risk of HIV to services,” External link

paho Wednesday, August 21, 2019 5:48:00 PM CEST

Marcos Espinal said: “The Region is experiencing a new epidemic cycle of dengue, with a notable increase in cases,” External link

paho Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:30:00 PM CEST

Jose Luis San Martin said: “Dengue is a domestic and community sanitation problem,” External link

paho Thursday, August 15, 2019 10:30:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “Quitting tobacco is one of the best things any person can do for their own health,” “The MPOWER package gives governments the practical tools to help people kick the habit, adding years to their life and life to their years” External link

paho Friday, August 9, 2019 5:08:00 AM CEST

Michael Bloomberg said: “More countries are making tobacco control a priority and saving lives, but there’s still much more work to be done,” “The WHO’s new report shines a spotlight on global efforts to help people quit using tobacco and it details some of our most important gains” External link

paho Friday, August 9, 2019 5:08:00 AM CEST

Gloria Aguilar said: “This is the first time we’ve been able to see our data” External link

paho Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:38:00 PM CEST

Anselm Hennis said: “Maternity is a particularly vulnerable time for working women and their families,” External link

paho Thursday, August 1, 2019 3:36:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “Quitting tobacco is one of the best things any person can do for their own health,” “The MPOWER package gives governments the practical tools to help people kick the habit, adding years to their life and life to their years” External link

paho Friday, July 26, 2019 9:34:00 PM CEST

Michael Bloomberg said: “More countries are making tobacco control a priority and saving lives, but there’s still much more work to be done,” “The WHO’s new report shines a spotlight on global efforts to help people quit using tobacco and it details some of our most important gains” External link

paho Friday, July 26, 2019 9:34:00 PM CEST

Carissa F Etienne afirmó: “La ciencia ha guiado la innovación hacia un progreso sin precedentes en la respuesta a una enfermedad infecciosa que, hasta hace poco, representaba una amenaza para la vida de muchas personas” External link

paho Monday, July 22, 2019 5:47:00 PM CEST

Carissa F Etienne dijo: “La ciencia y la innovación deben encontrar soluciones a los desafíos nuevos y de larga data y el nuevo conocimiento y orientación solo tendrán impacto si existen programas nacionales y sistemas comunitarios sólidos en los países para implementarlos” External link

paho Monday, July 22, 2019 5:47:00 PM CEST

Carissa F Etienne said: “PAHO has been supporting Member States in transforming their health systems to be more comprehensive, resilient, equitable and focused on the primary health care approach,” External link

paho Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:01:00 PM CEST

Carissa F Etienne said: “These findings indicate the need to prioritize the prevention of these injuries with proven interventions that we know work,” External link

paho Monday, June 17, 2019 4:14:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “Unsafe food kills an estimated 420,000 people every year. These deaths are entirely preventable,” External link

paho Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:36:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “Unsafe food kills an estimated 420,000 people every year. These deaths are entirely preventable,” External link

paho Thursday, June 6, 2019 3:36:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “I cannot emphasize strongly enough what a decisive moment for public health the High-Level Meeting could be. A strong declaration, with strong political support, could transform the lives of billions of people, in realizing what we have always advocated for – health for all,” External link

paho Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:36:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “I cannot emphasize strongly enough what a decisive moment for public health the High-Level Meeting could be. A strong declaration, with strong political support, could transform the lives of billions of people, in realizing what we have always advocated for – health for all,” External link

paho Wednesday, May 29, 2019 3:36:00 PM CEST

Most associated names

Daily number of articles in this category

Trend data not available for this selection.

Most active sources for this category