Latest News About - World Health Organization

 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
Filter by countryfromabout
<<10<12345678910>>>10
 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
<<10<12345678910>>>10

Tools

Load latest edition

Monday, September 16, 2019

2:03:00 AM CEST

Subscribe
RSS | MAP

Language Selection

For any category/filter, users can choose:

  1. the language of the categorized news items (e.g. fr and de to display only those news items in French and German)
  2. the language of the user interface (e.g. it for Italian)

In Top Stories, the user can display the largest clusters of news items for one language only (e.g. en shows all clusters in English)

Country Selection

Users can choose:

  1. country mentioned in the news item (articles about a country)
  2. country in which the news item was published (articles from a country)

Languages Collapse menu...Expand menu...Open help...

Select your languages

ar
az
be
bg
bs
ca
cs
da
de
el
en
eo
es
et
fa
fi
fr
ga
ha
he
hi
hr
hu
hy
id
is
it
ja
ka
km
ko
ku
ky
lb
lo
lt
lv
mk
ml
mn
ms
mt
nl
no
pap
pl
ps
pt
ro
ru
rw
se
si
sk
sl
sq
sr
sv
sw
ta
th
tr
uk
ur
vi
zh
all
Show additional languagesHide additional languages

Interface:

Quotes... Extracted quotes

Alhassane Toure says: “It’s an adaptation of the strategy,” External link

who Friday, September 13, 2019 3:40:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “No one should be harmed while receiving health care. And yet globally, at least 5 patients die every minute because of unsafe care,” External link

who Friday, September 13, 2019 2:08:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “No one should be harmed while receiving health care. And yet globally, at least 5 patients die every minute because of unsafe care,” External link

who Friday, September 13, 2019 2:08:00 PM CEST

Peter Salama said: “Evidence shows that a woman’s risk of HIV should not restrict her contraceptive choice,” External link

who Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:20:00 PM CEST

Felicitas Zawaira said: “There is a clear need to ensure women in Africa have access to high quality HIV and STI prevention and testing services, along with a wide range of contraceptive options to suit their values, preferences, views and concerns,” External link

who Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:20:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “The Paris Agreement is potentially the strongest health agreement of this century,” External link

who Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:30:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “The Paris Agreement is potentially the strongest health agreement of this century,” External link

who Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:30:00 PM CEST

Maria Neira says: “The true cost of climate change is felt in our hospitals and in our lungs. The health burden of polluting energy sources is now so high, that moving to cleaner and more sustainable choices for energy supply, transport and food systems effectively pays for itself,” External link

who Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:30:00 PM CEST

Naoko Yamamoto said: “In order to provide quality health services and achieve Universal Health Coverage, nutrition should be positioned as one of the cornerstones of essential health packages,” External link

who Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:27:00 PM CEST

Abdourahmane Diallo says: “This is an important part of our strategy- to recruit and train people from the areas with Ebola, who can explain what Ebola is and what the vaccine is for,” External link

who Friday, August 30, 2019 5:18:00 PM CEST

Peter Salama said: “Evidence shows that a woman’s risk of HIV should not restrict her contraceptive choice,” External link

who Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:20:00 PM CEST

Felicitas Zawaira said: “There is a clear need to ensure women in Africa have access to high quality HIV and STI prevention and testing services, along with a wide range of contraceptive options to suit their values, preferences, views and concerns,” External link

who Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:20:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “Too many children have their lives cut short by cancer, and survival rates in poor countries are scandalously lower than those in wealthy countries,” External link

who Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:54:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “Too many children have their lives cut short by cancer, and survival rates in poor countries are scandalously lower than those in wealthy countries,” External link

who Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:54:00 AM CEST

Etienne Krug says: "Diagnosing cancer in late stages, and the inability to provide treatment, condemns many people to unnecessary suffering and early death," External link

who Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:54:00 AM CEST

Marie Paule Kieny said: “Innovator biotherapeutic products are often too expensive for many countries, so biosimilars are a good opportunity to expand access and support countries to regulate and use these medicines,” External link

who Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:54:00 AM CEST

Suzanne Hill said: “Biosimilars could be game-changers for access to medicines for certain complex conditions,” External link

who Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:54:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “WHO is very grateful for the World Bank’s support, which fills a critical gap in our immediate needs for Ebola response efforts in DRC, and will enable the heroic workers on the frontlines of this fight to continue their lifesaving work,” External link

who Friday, August 23, 2019 5:47:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “WHO is very grateful for the World Bank’s support, which fills a critical gap in our immediate needs for Ebola response efforts in DRC, and will enable the heroic workers on the frontlines of this fight to continue their lifesaving work,” External link

who Friday, August 23, 2019 5:47:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom says: “Freeing the world of malaria would be one of the greatest achievements in public health,” External link

who Friday, August 23, 2019 4:36:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom says: “Freeing the world of malaria would be one of the greatest achievements in public health,” External link

who Friday, August 23, 2019 4:36:00 AM CEST

Mike Ryan said: “This is a major milestone for global public health,” External link

who Thursday, August 22, 2019 11:28:00 AM CEST

Mariangela Simao explains: “Appropriate assistive technology provision reduces the need for formal health and support services, long-term care and the work of caregivers,” External link

who Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:55:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said (about Winnie Byanyima): “I very much look forward to working with Ms Byanyima, in her new role as Executive Director of UNAIDS on our shared objective of ending AIDS and achieving the SDGs,” External link

who Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:19:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said (about Winnie Byanyima): “I very much look forward to working with Ms Byanyima, in her new role as Executive Director of UNAIDS on our shared objective of ending AIDS and achieving the SDGs,” External link

who Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:19:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom added (about Winnie Byanyima): “Ms Byanyima has an impressive professional background and brings deep experience and expertise to this role. She will be a great asset to the Joint Programme and to the broader international health and development community,” External link

who Saturday, August 17, 2019 4:19:00 AM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “It is time for the world to take notice and redouble our efforts. We need to work together in solidarity with the DRC to end this outbreak and build a better health system,” External link

who Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:40:00 PM CEST

Tedros Adhanom said: “This is about mothers, fathers and children - too often entire families are stricken. At the heart of this are communities and individual tragedies,” External link

who Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:40:00 PM CEST

Most associated names

Daily number of articles in this category

Trend data not available for this selection.

Most active sources for this category

who