Latest News - Cyprus

 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
Filter by countryfromabout
<<10<12345678910>>>10
 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
<<10<12345678910>>>10

Tools

Load latest edition

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

11:42:00 PM CET

Subscribe
RSS

Language Selection

For any category/filter, users can choose:

  1. the language of the categorized news items (e.g. fr and de to display only those news items in French and German)
  2. the language of the user interface (e.g. it for Italian)

In Top Stories, the user can display the largest clusters of news items for one language only (e.g. en shows all clusters in English)

Country Selection

Users can choose:

  1. country mentioned in the news item (articles about a country)
  2. country in which the news item was published (articles from a country)

Languages Collapse menu...Expand menu...Open help...

Select your languages

ar
az
be
bg
bs
ca
cs
da
de
el
en
eo
es
et
fa
fi
fr
ga
ha
he
hi
hr
hu
hy
id
is
it
ja
ka
km
ko
ku
ky
lb
lo
lt
lv
mk
ml
mn
ms
mt
nl
no
pap
pl
ps
pt
ro
ru
rw
se
si
sk
sl
sq
sr
sv
sw
ta
th
tr
uk
ur
vi
zh
all
Show additional languagesHide additional languages

Interface:

Country info

CY

Cyprus (CY)

All news about Cyprus

All news sources from Cyprus

CY

AlertLevel (24h)

Alert level graph

 Previous 14 days average

Alert level:
 high   medium   low

Quotes... Extracted quotes

Christopher Murray says: "These statistics represent both a 'baby boom' for some nations and a 'baby bust' for others," External link

sciencedaily Monday, November 12, 2018 2:33:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray says: "The world has seen several health success stories," "Investments made in poor countries addressing prenatal care and water and sanitation problems clearly have made a significant difference in people's lives. Conversely, the combination of increasing metabolic risks and population ageing will continue driving problematic trends in non-communicable diseases. This represents both a challenge and opportunity, and highlights the value of the GBD study to inform good policy decisions and strategic health planning" External link

sciencedaily Monday, November 12, 2018 2:33:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "These statistics represent both a 'baby boom' for some nations and a 'baby bust' for others," External link

medicalxpress Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "To our knowledge, this is the first study to provide transparent and replicable estimates of population and fertility that can be used to inform decision-making and to monitor nations' economic progress," "Although total fertility rates are decreasing, the global population continues to grow as death rates decline and because of population 'momentum' in previous decades" External link

medicalxpress Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "HIV remains a massive public health threat, particularly because global financing has plateaued, domestic health spending has stayed low among high-burden countries, and its incidence has not declined as quickly in younger as in older populations," "How best to galvanize accelerated action against HIV, as well as the world's other great health challenges, is far from clear. Going forward, the annual GBD study offers international agencies, nations' health officials, and other stakeholders a platform through which strategies and programs can be tested and analyzed" External link

medicalxpress Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "An unintended consequence of increased access to health care globally is the dramatic increases in mortality from diseases and disorders linked to pharmaceuticals, specifically antibiotic resistance and opioid use," External link

medicalxpress Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "The world has seen several health success stories," "Investments made in poor countries addressing prenatal care and water and sanitation problems clearly have made a significant difference in people's lives. Conversely, the combination of increasing metabolic risks and population aging will continue driving problematic trends in non-communicable diseases. This represents both a challenge and opportunity, and highlights the value of the GBD study to inform good policy decisions and strategic health planning" External link

medicalxpress Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "With increasing life expectancy in many countries, the question for all of us in the health policy arena is whether the additional years are spent in good health or poor health," "The burden of disabling conditions has serious implications for health systems and health-related expenditures. Global trends among non-communicable diseases indicate that more effort is needed to increase healthy life expectancy" External link

medicalxpress Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:25:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray said: "These statistics represent both a 'baby boom' for some nations and a 'baby bust' for others," External link

sciencedaily Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:00 PM CET

Christopher Murray said: "To our knowledge, this is the first study to provide transparent and replicable estimates of population and fertility that can be used to inform decision-making and to monitor nations' economic progress," "Although total fertility rates are decreasing, the global population continues to grow as death rates decline and because of population 'momentum' in previous decades" External link

sciencedaily Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:00 PM CET

Christopher Murray said: "HIV remains a massive public health threat, particularly because global financing has plateaued, domestic health spending has stayed low among high-burden countries, and its incidence has not declined as quickly in younger as in older populations," "How best to galvanize accelerated action against HIV, as well as the world's other great health challenges, is far from clear. Going forward, the annual GBD study offers international agencies, nations' health officials, and other stakeholders a platform through which strategies and programs can be tested and analyzed" External link

sciencedaily Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:00 PM CET

Christopher Murray said: "An unintended consequence of increased access to health care globally is the dramatic increases in mortality from diseases and disorders linked to pharmaceuticals, specifically antibiotic resistance and opioid use," External link

sciencedaily Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:00 PM CET

Christopher Murray said: "The world has seen several health success stories," "Investments made in poor countries addressing prenatal care and water and sanitation problems clearly have made a significant difference in people's lives. Conversely, the combination of increasing metabolic risks and population aging will continue driving problematic trends in non-communicable diseases. This represents both a challenge and opportunity, and highlights the value of the GBD study to inform good policy decisions and strategic health planning" External link

sciencedaily Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:00 PM CET

Christopher Murray said: "With increasing life expectancy in many countries, the question for all of us in the health policy arena is whether the additional years are spent in good health or poor health," "The burden of disabling conditions has serious implications for health systems and health-related expenditures. Global trends among non-communicable diseases indicate that more effort is needed to increase healthy life expectancy" External link

sciencedaily Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:40:00 PM CET

Ali Mokdad explicó: «Cuanto más años pasa una mujer en la escuela, más reduce sus embarazos y el número de hijos» External link

abc-Andalucia Saturday, November 10, 2018 3:50:00 AM CET

Christopher Murray siger: »I takt med at kvinder er blevet mere veluddannede og er kommet ud på arbejdsmarkedet, samtidig med, at de har bedre adgang til sundhedsydelser - ja, så er det ikke så overraskende, at deres fertilitet (forstået som det antal børn, en kvinde vil få i sit liv, red.) er faldet enormt« External link

politiken Friday, November 9, 2018 10:07:00 PM CET

Christopher Murray siger: »Antallet af arbejdere i Kina begynder at blive mindre, og det smitter med det samme af på det økonomiske vækstpotentiale. I Indien er fødselsraten stadig over det niveau, hvor befolkningen reproduceres, men snart vil den falde ned under det punkt. Det er en dramatisk ændring« External link

politiken Friday, November 9, 2018 10:07:00 PM CET

Alessandro Amato continua: “una serie di mappe che fanno capire il grado di pericolosità, cioè la probabilità di avere un’inondazione in un certo periodo di tempo” External link

247libero Wednesday, November 7, 2018 8:29:00 PM CET

Alessandro Amato continua: “una serie di mappe che fanno capire il grado di pericolosità, cioè la probabilità di avere un’inondazione in un certo periodo di tempo” External link

247libero Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:58:00 PM CET

Jonas Folger schrieb: "Wenn du einen Vogel mit 245 km/h triffst" External link

hna Wednesday, October 24, 2018 3:59:00 PM CEST

Olle Johansson sagde: - Strålingen fra trådløs teknologi er lige så farlig som andre farlige stoffer og kemisk røg og dieselos (...) Vi beskytter os selv mod alt muligt, vi er påpasselige med at iklæde vores børn cykelhjelme, men med bestråling gør vi ingenting (...) Havde tablets og mobiltelefoner været kosmetiske produkter, havde de været forbudt, External link

stiften Sunday, July 22, 2018 5:02:00 AM CEST

Dirk Spaniel sagte: "Ich kann nur für unsere Partei sagen, dass wir selbstverständlich uns grundsätzlich von solchen staatsumstürzlerischen Tendenzen distanzieren" External link

stern Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:29:00 PM CEST

Angela Merkel sagte: "um die nukleare Bewaffnung des Iran zu verhindern" External link

stern Thursday, October 4, 2018 10:29:00 PM CEST

Sigmund Clementz sier: - Mange tror nok at bakteriedrepende/antibakterielle midler som vi gjerne har med i en liten flaske eller våtservietter er tilstrekkelig for god forebygging av smitte via bakterier fra en uvant bakterieflora. Men disse midlene kommer i tillegg til såpevask, ikke i stedet for, External link

dagbladet Monday, June 4, 2018 4:20:00 AM CEST

Arne Voll sier: - Hver uke reiser tusenvis av nordmenn til utlandet. Mange på en etterlengtet langweekend med familie, venner eller gode naboer. Andre tar seg en uke til syden og noen velger å reise enda lengre, kanskje til New York, Bangkok, eller Sør-Amerika. En tidligere undersøkelse fra Gjensidige viser at en av 1 av10 har reist til utlandet uten gyldig reiseforsikring og de litt yngre synder mer på dette området enn eldre, External link

dagbladet Monday, June 4, 2018 4:20:00 AM CEST

Sigmund Clementz sier: - Mange tror nok at bakteriedrepende/antibakterielle midler som vi gjerne har med i en liten flaske eller våtservietter er tilstrekkelig for god forebygging av smitte via bakterier fra en uvant bakterieflora. Men disse midlene kommer i tillegg til såpevask, ikke i stedet for, External link

dagbladet Sunday, June 3, 2018 7:40:00 AM CEST

Arne Voll sier: - Hver uke reiser tusenvis av nordmenn til utlandet. Mange på en etterlengtet langweekend med familie, venner eller gode naboer. Andre tar seg en uke til syden og noen velger å reise enda lengre, kanskje til New York, Bangkok, eller Sør-Amerika. En tidligere undersøkelse fra Gjensidige viser at en av 1 av10 har reist til utlandet uten gyldig reiseforsikring og de litt yngre synder mer på dette området enn eldre, External link

dagbladet Sunday, June 3, 2018 7:40:00 AM CEST

Themes

Country themes

Daily number of articles in this category

Trend data not available for this selection.